1. When using DHCP to configure the voice VLAN it needs to be ensured that
LLDP/CDP is not used in the same broadcast domain.
a. 1 Subnet Mask
b. 3 Router (Default Gateway) IP Address
c. 6 Domain Name Server (DNS) IP address
3. Optionally, four different DHCP options can be used to configure a data VLAN in
the DHCP data scope: Options 128, 144, 157, or 191. Sometimes an option does
not work and a different one has to be selected.
4. The VLAN must be configured as VLAN-A=x; -- where VLAN and A must be in
CAPS, x = voice VLAN number and the semicolon behind x must be present.
Example: VLAN-A=10; -- sets voice VLAN to 10
5. Define a voice VLAN scope with the proper IP and Options 1, 3, and 6.
6. Optionally, the following provisioning service can be configured in Option 160 in
the DHCP voice scope: https://pp.ringcentral.com/pp.